Who We Are
Applied Post’ (“AP”) primary business is to provide marketing data to clients in Canada. The data products that AP creates, uses and shares with clients are composed of anonymized, geo-demographic data at the postal code or dissemination area in Canada. We do not disclose any personally identifiable information (PII) in the creation of these data products. AP adheres to strict privacy principles. AP values and adheres to a comprehensive set of tools that enable AP to be an active member of the privacy compliance community.
The following are AP’s privacy principles:
- AP only uses 100% privacy-compliant data as inputs for product development.
- Personal Information provided to AP by clients is used solely for the purpose of their business and is safeguarded in client-specific firewalled locations in secure data centres.
- Personal Information that we process for any purpose or purposes is not kept longer than we determine is reasonably necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- AP complies with legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
- Personal Information is only to be used for the purposes to which the provider consented.
- Personal Information held on behalf of clients is not shared with any additional third party under any circumstances unless there was explicit consent to the sharing.
- AP operates in accordance with strict privacy and security policies and procedures, consistent with Canadian laws.
Third Party Data
Applied Post obtains de-identified data from trusted third-party data partners that collect data from location-enabled applications on mobile devices. Specifically, the data elements are device ID, advertising identifiers along with a date, time IP address, mobile provider and latitude/longitude coordinates for each ping. From time to time AP’s team models de-identified movement data with other data sources to create an aggregated estimate of anonymized data patterns for dissemination areas and postal codes.
For clarity, the collection and use of data from trusted third-party data partners, their websites and applications are subject to those data providers’ privacy policies and legal terms. To learn more about the privacy practices of our third-party service providers please see the links below:
Digital Envoy https://www.digitalenvoy.com/privacy-policy/
Applied Post works with providers, clients, and partners that provide disclosures to their own users regarding their use of data for marketing, interest-based advertising purposes and available privacy controls. We have the ability to audit these providers but we are only able to directly control the data we process. Applied Post understands that you take privacy seriously. These privacy policies are intended to be a guide to help you manage your expectations whether you are a visitor to the AP website or a client inquiring about how AP addresses privacy.
How to Contact AP Regarding Privacy or Security
Requests for individual access or any other inquiry regarding our privacy practices should be sent to the our CEO using the same information below. AP will respond in a timely manner to your requests.
Please visit the Privacy Commissioner of
Canada’s website at https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/.
Jan 1st 2021